Dr. James Chappell: Unique Among Natural Healers
Dr. James Chappell is one of a few remaining "old time" natural healing doctors still active in the United States. In a growing health and wellness market, "new" practitioners and producers of health and wellness products have drifted towards the mainstream and away from the protocols and natural remedies developed over thousands of years. In essence, products and healers are falling prey to compromises in effectiveness as a result of mass production and the trend towards specialization in a field where diversification and synergism are essential to understanding and treating complex biological systems like the human body. Dr. Chappell clearly sees the importance of and appreciates the connecting link of each body component.
The following points frame Dr. Chappell's methods and philosophies about natural healing and the fundamental differences that set him apart:
- Started a natural healing career in 1971. He is a traditional naturopath, clinical nutritionist, medical herbalist and chiropractic physician. He has devoted his entire adult life to researching, applying and teaching natural healing along with formulating products.
- Subscribes to the Bechamp "terrain" theory as opposed to the Pasteur "germ" theory. Dr. Chappell states, "Back in the 1800's orthodox medicine was given two theories as to the cause of dis-ease. Pasteur believed that micro-organisms (microbes, germs, bacteria, fungus and viruses) were separate entities that caused infections, illness and dis-ease. Conversely, Bechamp believed that the success of pathogens to cause infections, illness and dis-ease was actually the result of a weakened host-body with a depleted immune system that offered a toxic environment in which pathogens thrived. Simply put, Pasteur believed you "caught" illness by exposure to a pathogen where Bechamp believed you had to first have a toxic body in which pathogenic scavengers could live and thrive. In other words, only sick people got sick. On Pasteur's deathbed, he stated that Bechamp had been right and he was wrong."
- Discovered seven common denominators as causes of dis-ease, one or more found in all illnesses. Coined the acronym HONSTEC and term "The H.O.N.S.T.E.C. Syndrome" to describe these common denominators.
- Discovered four innate steps the body always strives to accomplish in order to slow down, stop and reverse dis-ease. He also discovered a methodology to emulate these steps.
- Recommends only organic and wild harvested whole-food nutraceuticals before isolated nutrients and botanicals are used.
- Unlike other practitioners, Dr. Chappell does not subscribe to any one discipline or program and, when necessary, will even recommend orthodox medical treatment. He serves as a medical consultant for The Oasis of Hope Hospital in Mexico.
- Does not see natural healing as alternative or complimentary medicine, but rather as a replacement or traditional medicine.
- Is known as an Intensivist specializing in chronic, severe and so-called "terminal" illnesses. To date, he has advised over 10,000 people one-on-one and over 100,000 people in seminars throughout the country.
- Has formulated clinical grade nutraceuticals and botanicals for over 30 years and is president of Chappell Health Products, LLC and QCI Products, LLC.
- Spent 10 years as a "lot" doctor seeing actors, producers and directors at Universal, Paramount, Burbank and MGM studios.
- Has participated in nine television infomercials and hundreds of radio interviews. He has written dozens of newsletters and booklets and a best selling book, A Promise Made, A Promise Kept: One Son's Quest for the Cause and Cure of Diabetes proclaimed the most definitive reference for natural healing and dis-ease ever written. He had his own "prime time" radio show rated #1 on KTMS in Santa Barbara, California for approximately three years.
- Was the first to create the most advanced, organic, whole-plant, evidenced based, botanical formulae proven to normalize glucose in Type 2 AND Type 1 diabetes. Labeled under different names, this herbal compound is sold throughout the United States and in several other countries.
Dr. James Chappell is a board-certified chiropractic physician, traditional naturopath, clinical nutritionist, and medical herbalist. Since 1971, he has specialized in natural healing protocols for chronic, severe and terminal illnesses. As a clinician, he has worked with more than ten thousand patients, and spent ten years as a "lot" doctor for four of the major Hollywood movie studios. Dr. Chappell is also a bestselling author, lecturer, TV and radio personality, nutraceutical and botanical formulator, corporate medical consultant and president of Chappell Health Products, LLC and QCI Products, LLC.